ELEDAN - Developing an E-learning tool for Environmental Education for Primary and Secondary School in the Lower Danube Region
We are launching the application this month.
So far we developed our first guidebook entitled:
Understanding the importance of biodiversity in supporting self-purification ability of a river is a focus of this research question.
The guidebook tries to explain:
• the functionality of aquatic ecosystems;
• the relationships between aquatic organisms and their habitats;
• the benefits provided by natural, healthy rivers;
• the inter-linkage with different economic fields;
• connections between natural and man-made water cycles;
• integration of man-made substances into the natural cycle of matter in nature.
The project is partly financed by the Danube Strategic Project Fund (DSPF) which is financed by the European Union and and the City of Vienna. The project is lead by Slovenian NGO, the Institute for Integral Development and Environment (ICRO – Inštitut za celostni razvoj in okolje, Domžale) with partners from Romania (Institute of Biology Bucharest, Romanian Academy, Bucharest), Serbia (Institute for Multidisciplinary Research, University of Belgrade, Belgrade), and Bulgaria (Institute of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Research, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia), and with associated partners from Slovenia (Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning, Ljubljana), Romania (Agapedia Foundation Romania, Brasov) and Moldova (Institute of Zoology, Moldavian Academy of Science).